Assistant City Manager
The Assistant City Manager serves as the administrative assistant to the City Manager to meet the operational needs of the City, while performing a variety of complex administrative, technical and professional work in directing and supervising the work of various departments of the City.
- Identifies, analyzes, develops strategies, and recommends actions to resolve long and short-range management issues.
- Ensures that policies and goals of the City Manager and City Council are achieved in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides the City Manager with accurate and timely information to support decision making and policy direction. Further briefs the City Manager on matters of concern in the departments and functions in assigned areas to ensure proper action.
- Meets with Department/Division Heads to discuss programs, answers questions, address challenges and resolve issues which may arise during daily business, including budget, personnel, customer service, and intradepartmental issues.
- Participates in resolving citizen's complaints.
- Interprets City ordinances and administrative policy for staff and the public.
- Assists the City Manager on a wide variety of Municipal Programs, Capital Projects, Infrastructure Projects and other issues.
- Confers with officials on the City, County, State, and Federal agencies regarding plans and priorities for existing and planned programs.
- Provides continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
- Exercises considerable judgment in representing the City Manager within assigned area of responsibility.
- Represents the City Manager and Mayor at public functions as directed and serves as the Acting City Manager in his/her absence.
- Meets with the public, press and other interested parties to respond to inquiries for information, to promote City programs and to complete special projects assigned by the City Manger.
- Represents the City and ensures staff support on various Boards and Commissions, outside government agencies and non-profits, constituent representative groups and other citizen groups relative to the goals and activities of the City.
- Assists and ensures proper review of applications and development of recommendations for zoning changes, building code and zoning restrictions, subdivision proposals and request for clarification of City subdivision ordinances.
- Assists and ensures the preparation, administration, and management of the grants involving City Economic Development.
- Assists the City Manager in developing and recommending strategies for Economic Development
- Undertakes special projects as assigned.